www.eps.com.do, www.eps-int.com, and www.eps.do
This page establishes the “Terms and Conditions” under which users -customers- can use this website dedicated to facilitation and intermediation to order and pay for the different services in the Dominican Republic. It is necessary that all users before registering carefully read these terms and conditions for their understanding and approval. Ignorance of these terms and conditions does not justify non-compliance with them, nor does it authorize customers to take particular or legal measures that are unaware of what is stated in these terms.
www.eps.com.do also referred to as THE PORTAL or website, is not responsible in the event that users use the services without reading.
Payment procedure and general clarifications
It offers a brokerage service. The user agrees to take particular care in supplying personal data, which must be complete and true at the time the order is placed. Likewise, the user must guarantee that the data of his debit or credit card that he provides are his property and that he has sufficient funds to make the payment when this is the preferred method. We do not offer services to minors under 18 years of age, in case of requesting the service you must be authorized by your parents or legal guardian.
- When the user orders through the portal, he must provide an email address and a password. The user must keep this data securely and not share said information with a third party.
- The user agrees to pay the price from the moment he receives the transaction confirmation email. After said reception, there will be no reason why the client can refrain from making the payment corresponding to the transaction carried out.
- There are cases in which the transaction or payment can be rejected; in such cases, the client will be duly informed and one of the following reasons will be provided:
- The user entered incorrect or incomplete data.
- It was not possible to contact the user to notify him/her of any inconvenience.
- Canceled by user request.
- The service is not available.
- Once the message is received, an attempt will be made to contact the user to ask if they wish to make a new payment or make any other viable modificatio
Product and service pricing
- The price of the products and/or services will be presented by THE PORTAL before the transaction is accepted by the client. Said price will include all possible surcharges for taxes and delivery charges that are applicable to each transaction. The price will be duly discriminated so that the customer knows exactly the concept of each of the different items that he is going to pay.
- Our charges are supported by Azul. The user must make his payment online before the delivery of the order to ensure online payment; the user must provide the data of the debit/credit card. Also, the user’s bank can monitor the transfer to ensure the process.
- The copy of the digital or physical invoice, depending on the case or service.
- After you have completed any payment, the money cannot be refunded or credited to your card; Nor can a tax receipt be made. If you want a tax receipt on your invoices, you must enter the name and number of the company or person before ordering.
Use of materials
- Website users may access the services offered through it; Exceptionally, orders may also be processed by telephone, by contacting one of the numbers that appear on the website.
- The website authorizes users to consult, review and use the material found on the Website, solely for their personal and non-commercial use. The content of this Website, including but not limited to text, graphics, images, logos, icons, software, programming codes and HTML, and any other material, which will hereinafter be referred to as The Material, is protected under Dominican copyright laws, industrial property laws and other applicable laws. All Material is the property of EPS or its suppliers or customers. The unauthorized use of the material may constitute a violation of Dominican or foreign laws on copyright, industrial property laws, or other laws. No user may sell or modify the Material in any way or perform or publicly post the Material or distribute it for commercial purposes. Any unauthorized use will be presumed improper and may be sanctioned by law.
Authorized use of the website
- eps.com.do, www.eps-int.com, and www.eps.do are websites for multiple services, information, and payment transactions.
- EPS has extensive experience as a parcel and correspondence courier service company, in addition to offering air and maritime cargo services, among other facilities.
- EPS will always do its best so that once the package, merchandise, or customer correspondence has been confirmed, it arrives according to the contracted specifications, including the exact price of the contracted services, the payment method, the services purchased, and the other features offered through the information provided to customers, prior to the acceptance of the service.
- Clients will be obliged to review their merchandise at the counter upon receiving it and must immediately make any claim on their package.
- Clients waive any claim immediately after they pick up a package or merchandise and leave EPS offices.
- EPS is responsible for the risks that may occur in the transport of the packages to the address indicated by the customer.
- EPS grants a period of 12 hours for customers to report any lack of conformity regarding goods received through the delivery service. After that period, clients waive any claim.
Users may not use the Website for the purpose of transmitting, distributing, storing, or destroying material in violation of any applicable law or regulation, in a manner that violates the laws on copyright, industrial property, trade secrets, or any other intellectual property rights of third parties or in a manner that violates the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of third parties, or in a manner that is defamatory, obscene, threatening or abusive. This is without prejudice to particular rules on the matter that are mandatory in each of the legal systems corresponding to the territories in which EPS will provide its service.
Users are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Website. Specifically, users may not access information that is not directed or authorized to said user or access servers or accounts to which the user is not authorized to access, attempt to test the vulnerability of a system or network without proper authorization, or violate security or authentication measures, attempt to interfere with the services provided to a user, server or network, including but not limited to sending viruses through the website, sending email not requested, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services. Violation of any security system or network may result in civil and criminal liability. EPS will investigate the occurrence of events that may constitute violations of the foregoing and will cooperate with any competent authority in the prosecution of users who are involved in such violations. Impersonate the identity of other users or natural or legal persons of any kind. Provide incorrect, incomplete, or false identity information. Under no circumstances will the action of making false orders – also known as scamming – be tolerated, which will be reported and will be subject to the applicable legal persecution.
- The website may be used for lawful purposes only. THE PORTAL prohibits the use of the Website in any of the following ways:
- Include on the Website any information about products to be sold or offered, false or inaccurate, or information that does not correspond to reality.
- Include on the Website any right of franchise, pyramid scheme, membership to a club or group, sales representation, commercial agency, or any business opportunity that requires advance payment or periodic payments, requesting the recruitment of other members, sub-distributors, or sub-agents.
- Delete or review any material included on the Website by any other person or entity, without proper authorization.
- Use any element, design, software, or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Website or any activity carried out on the website.
- Attempt to decipher, compile or disassemble any software included in the Website or that is in any way part of the website.
- As already mentioned, it is strictly prohibited to include false, inaccurate, incomplete, incorrect, or misleading information on the Website.
- The passwords, passwords, users, and other information required to access the website are personal and non-transferable and cannot be shared with anyone. Only the directly authorized person, who has consented to the terms and has duly registered, can make use of said information and access the Portal. Each user is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their password or password and for all uses of their registration on the Website, whether or not authorized by the user. In the event of any irregularity, the user agrees to immediately notify EPS of any unauthorized use of their registration and password.
- eps.com.do, www.eps-int.com, and www.eps.do reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to terminate all accounts involved with botnets and related activities. If used as command hostnames and control points for botnets, EPS.COM.DO reserves the right to direct the hostnames involved to a honeypot, loopback address, registration facility, or any other destination at our discretion.
- Each time a user registers on the Website, they will be required to provide EPS with certain information, including, but not limited to, full name with surname, telephone number, date of birth, a valid email address, and valid address. Said user, when registering, admits that all information is true and that he is of legal age under the laws of the Dominican Republic, that is, that he is at least 18 (eighteen) years of age.
- Given that THE WEBSITE cannot verify the information provided by users, in particular, its veracity and timeliness, it is the obligation of each user to provide true, complete, verifiable, and real information, and it will be the responsibility of each user, exclusively, the legal or extra-legal consequences that may be generated on the occasion of the information provided. EPS is released from any patrimonial consequence that is eventually in charge of a user who violates this obligation.
- All information provided by users or clients will be stored on an external server and backed up in the system. It will be kept indefinitely and in accordance with current data protection laws, no natural or legal person will have access to this information, other than personnel authorized and designated by THE WEBSITE, unless there is a clear authorization by the user to convert the information in public or allow access to it by other natural or legal persons.
- THE WEBSITE will use all possible means to ensure the security and privacy of the information.
- Each user is responsible for their own communications and information and for the consequences of including or placing such information or communications on the Website. No user may: include or place on the Website material that is protected by copyright law, unless they are the owner of such rights or have obtained permission from the owner of such rights to include such material in the website; include or place material on the Website that reveals industrial or commercial secrets, unless you are the owner of the same or have obtained authorization from the owner; include material on the Website that in any way that may imply a violation of intellectual or industrial property rights or any other right; include material that is obscene, defamatory, abusive, threatening, or offensive to any other user or any other person or entity; include in the website pornographic images or statements or that include explicit sex or that is considered child pornography; include or place advertising or advertisements on the Website without the deb authorization of EPS, chain letters, viruses, Trojan horses, time bombs, or any computer program or tool with the intention of damaging, interfering with, intercepting, or appropriating any system, data or information.
- The personal data requested and/or provided by all identified or identifiable persons for the use of the website www.eps.com.do, www.eps-int.com, and www.eps.do and/or for the purpose of the request or contracting of our products and/or services are treated as responsible by “EPS” and with address at José Ortega y Gasset avenue corner Padre Fantino Falco street, National District, Dominican Republic; in compliance with the provisions of the Law on Protection of Personal Data No.172-13 of the Dominican Republic and that which is necessary, adequate and relevant with the following primary purposes:
- Creation and, where appropriate, updating of our databases.
- Participation in any kind of contests, raffles, advertising campaigns, and other analogous or similar ones in which EPS products participate, whether at a national or local level, including those that require authorization or permission from the competent authorities.
- Pick up your order and delivery of the package(s).
- In your case notify you about the current status of your package.
- Carry out the payment process and the corresponding billing, if required.
- Address questions, complaints, comments, suggestions, and clarifications and follow up on them.
- Quality of services.
- If applicable, enroll you in our programs and/or customer plans, and update your Personal Data and any additional data required for them.
- Monitor any phone calls made with the client.
- Comply with the requirements of the competent authorities that are appropriate.
- For purposes of internal or external audits or at the request of the competent authority.
- We may process your personal identification data for the secondary purposes listed below:
- Send you promotions, advertising, benefits, and discounts for products and/or services of EPS and those companies belonging to the same corporate group as subsidiaries, affiliates, controlled or controllers, and even third parties that are our business partners.
- To know your commercial preferences and product purchases to offer you those products that suit them.
- Conduct marketing studies, market segmentation, statistics, and other marketing.
- Invitation and/or participation in launches of new products, plans, programs, promotions, events, contests, raffles, and activities on social networks, websites, points of sale, mobile applications, call centers, etc., in which, as part of the mechanics and/or bases of participation, we could ask the participants and/or contestants for images and/or photographs and/or videos of themselves to publish them in any electronic and/or digital and/or printed media and/or any mass media. of communication, which, without limitation, could be on television, radio, internet, magazines, newspapers, etc. In your case of being a winner, we may contact you for the delivery of the corresponding prize and we may publish personal and/or sensitive data such as your name, images, photographs, videos of you in any electronic medium and/or printed media and/or digital media and / or mass media to evidence said delivery, even before the competent authorities. When the delivery of the prizes is carried out through a third party, you authorize us and we can transfer your personal data with a said third party to contact you and/or deliver the corresponding prize, even to the corresponding authorities.
- Send you commercial, service, and any other communications mentioned here, including but not limited to welcome letters, notices, and notifications related to prizes, contests, raffles, promotions, and security announcements.
- We inform you that you may express your refusal to processing your personal data with respect to secondary purposes within a period of 5 business days after having given your consent to this contract, otherwise your consent is understood to have been granted for the sole use of this contract. website and/or for any contracting of our EPS products and/or services and/or due to participation in our EPS promotions, contests, and raffles. You can express your right of revocation through the means of contact established on the following website: eps.com.do
- We inform you that we will refrain from selling, leasing, or renting your personal data. We inform you that we may transfer your personal data with national companies of the same group, such as subsidiaries, affiliates, controlled or controllers of EPS, even to third parties under the terms of this contract.
- Likewise, we may transfer your personal data to third parties for the purpose of your participation in contests, raffles, promotions, and the like, as well as to incorporate it into the client program and/or plan, to deliver your order, send you offers and/or advertising or to carry out market studies and/or surveys. We may transfer your personal data to third parties to provide you with care, assistance, or benefits as part of programs and/or plans for clients, or to make known to the public and/or the competent authorities that you have won a prize from a contest and/or raffle and/or promotion. We may also share your personal data with national and/or foreign third parties to carry out monitoring processes for compliance with applicable legislation, sweepstakes or contests, and our internal policies. Finally, and if necessary, we may share your personal data to comply with the obligations contemplated in the applicable legislation and/or compliance with the requirements of the municipal, state, and federal authorities.
- According to the aforementioned, said persons may not use the information provided by EPS in a manner other than that established in this contract, except as provided in the applicable legislation. These transfers of your personal data will be carried out with all appropriate security measures, in accordance with the principles contained in the Law on Protection of Personal Data No. 172-13, of the Dominican Republic, its regulations, and the guidelines of this contract (hereinafter and jointly “The legislation”).
- In addition to your personal data and the information you provide us, EPS may collect, including but not limited to, information such as IP address, MAC address, user browser type, domain name, and specific pages within the site through which they had access, as well as the time of interaction with the EPS website, cookies and web beacons in order to fill in statistics on the browsing behavior of our users or for the purposes indicated in this Privacy Notice.
- Likewise, EPS may request that you provide your personal data, such as your email address, name, date of birth, mobile data, and any other of your personal data. EPS may also collect sensitive personal data regarding your age, gender, postal code, state, and municipality where you reside, among others, for which EPS will make reasonable efforts to limit the period of treatment thereof so that it is the minimum indispensable.
- When you receive newsletters or promotional email messages from EPS, we may use personalized links and/or similar technologies to determine whether the message has been opened and which links you have clicked to provide you with targeted communications or other information.
- The personal data that you have provided us through the website, and/or due to the commercial relationship will be kept during the same and once concluded, will be kept for an additional period of up to 7 years, to later be discarded if you This is required in writing in order to avoid improper treatment of the same.
- As an exception to the above, we may keep your email data to continue sending you promotions, advertising, benefits, and discounts from EPS and those companies belonging to the same corporate group or third parties that are our business partners, as well as to keep your registration. as a customer on our internet sites.
- You may revoke said consent at any time through the tools that we make available to you in the emails sent or through the following website www.eps.com.do, www.eps-int.com, and www.eps.do
- Your personal data will be processed based on the principles of legality, consent, information, quality, purpose, loyalty, proportionality, and responsibility in terms of the applicable legislation. The confidentiality of your personal data will be maintained by effectively establishing and maintaining the administrative, technical and physical security measures to comply with the regulatory provisions and with the internal policies of EPS, to prevent damage, loss, alteration, destruction, use, or improper access or disclosure.
- In the event that a security breach occurs at any stage of the processing of your personal data, EPS will make it generally known, through its website www.eps.com.do and notify you via email to the address associated with your account on the website, by telephone, by written communication, or any means that the user has placed in their registration request so that they take the corresponding measures in order to protect their rights.
In case of making any modification or update to this contract, it will be made known to you on the following internet page www.eps.com.do, www.eps-int.com, and www.eps.do, Similarly, EPS may send you notifications regarding the modification of the same via email to the address associated with your account on the website, by telephone, by written communication or by any means that the user has placed in their registration request, or by publishing the notifications on the website itself. Notifications will take immediate effect.
Procedures to attend to requests for revocation and ARCO rights (Access, rectification, cancellation, and opposition)
The personal data that you provide us in your ARCO right request will be treated with the primary purpose of processing, investigating, and responding to the ARCO right request;
- To start the process of requesting the ARCO right (right of access, rectification, cancellation, or opposition of your personal data), and for the revocation of your consent to the processing of your personal data, you must duly fill out the corresponding form that we make available to you. at the address of “EPS” on José Ortega y Gasset avenue, corner of Padre Fantino Falco street, National District, Dominican Republic; in order to be provided with the folio corresponding to your request. Likewise, you may also exercise an ARCO right by means of a letter addressed to the aforementioned offices, so said letter must contain and include the following:
- The full name of the holder and his email address or address where he wishes to receive the response to his request.
- A clear, precise, and specific description of the personal data with respect to which one seeks to exercise any of the aforementioned rights, as well as the detail of any element or document that facilitates the location of the personal data.
- A legible copy of any valid official identification of the owner and, in the case of a procedure carried out by a legal representative, a power of attorney signed before 2 witnesses or a copy of the corresponding public instrument that proves the legal representation must also be attached, as well as a copy of the valid official identification of the legal representative.
- In the case of the ARCO right to rectify personal data, the documentation that supports the request and, where appropriate, the requested modifications, must be attached.
- Once your request has been submitted in the format indicated at the indicated corporate offices, you may be requested in a period not exceeding 5 business days, the information and/or documentation necessary for its follow-up, as well as for the accreditation of your identity, in accordance with the terms established by current legislation. Therefore, you will have 10 business days after receipt, to meet this requirement. Otherwise, your request will be deemed not submitted.
- Within a period of 20 business days, counted from the date on which the request was received in said offices, a resolution will be issued, which will be notified to you by the means of contact that you have established in your request. Once the resolution is issued and if it is a precedent (partially or totally), there will be 15 business days following the date on which the response is communicated to adopt said resolution.
- The terms and deadlines indicated in the previous paragraphs may be extended only once if necessary and you must be notified through the means of contact that you have established.
- The revocation and exercise of ARCO rights will be free, and you must cover only the justified shipping costs or the cost of reproduction in copies or other formats established in your request.
- The personal data that you provide us in your application for ARCO rights may be kept for a period of up to 5 years in physical and/or electronic media and subsequently, if requested in writing, discarded in order to avoid improper treatment of the same.
- Finally, by using in any way and/or browsing the website www.eps.com.do you accept this contract, so if you have any questions, you can contact us through the indicated website, or by calling 809-540-4005.
Non-authorized resale, assignment, or commercial use
Users agree not to resell or assign their rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions. They also agree not to make unauthorized commercial use of this Website.
Responsibility of the website
Users assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom they come into contact through the portal. Compliance with the terms and conditions of the contracts or agreements that may potentially be entered into with other users of the website, as well as compliance with the laws applicable to such contracts or agreements, is the exclusive responsibility of the users and not of the PORTAL and any external relationship, which has a purpose other than the fulfillment of the PORTAL’s corporate purpose, escapes the sphere of action of the latter and therefore is not regulated by these terms and conditions, taking into account that THE PORTAL is not involved in the relations or dealings between its users nor does it control the behavior of the users or participants in the portal, in the event that there is a dispute with one or more users of the website, the user or users involved release the PORTAL (and its employees and agents) from any claim, demand or damage of any nature, arising out of or in any other way related to said dispute.
THE WEBSITE also has an advertising service through which it will be sent to customers through banners, emails, and/or other means. THE PORTAL will be jointly and severally liable for all advertising issued or found on its website. However, with respect to links to other third-party websites, these links are provided for your convenience only and THE PORTAL does not endorse, recommend, or assume any responsibility for the content of third-party websites. If you decide to access through the links to the website of third parties, you do so at your own risk.
Promotions, contests, and events
The promotions, contests, raffles, and events that are implemented in the PORTAL will be subject to the rules and conditions that are established each time, in advance by THE PORTAL. Under no circumstances does this imply that THE PORTAL is obliged to carry out some type of raffle and it is simply regulated that EPS, voluntarily, chooses to carry out such an activity. In the event that any promotion or contest is carried out, it will be necessary as a minimum requirement to access such opportunities or commercial benefits, that the User is duly registered as a user of the Portal. The promotions, contests, raffles, and events will be registered through the corresponding legal channels.
- The portal does not guarantee that the Website is free of errors or that the Website and its server are free of computer viruses or other harmful mechanisms. The portal is not responsible for costs in your equipment generated by the use of the Website.
- In no case EPS, its suppliers, or any person mentioned in the portal will be responsible for damages of any nature, resulting from the use or the inability to use the Website or the material.
THE WEBSITE reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to delete all the information that has been included on the Website and to immediately terminate your registration and access to the Website or certain services provided by EL PORTAL; in the event of the user’s breach of these Terms and Conditions or in the event of the impossibility of verifying or authenticating any information that you have submitted in your registration form to access the Website. This will be informed to you by the means of communication that you have registered in the forms required for this purpose by EPS.